An international RAL color code is mandatory for custom colors, and all colors are theoretically available. A list of RAL colors can be found here: ralcolorchart.com.
Customers could also select glossy or matt options, free of charge. Metallic colors that contain shinny metal particles are feasible, but require samples for color matching.
All parts could be powder coated into different colors for unique preferences and designs.
Plastic wood is capable of mimicking colors and textures of wood, but in the meanwhile thanks to stable chemical property of plastic, no corrosion and cracks would occur. A bench made of this synthetic material is an enjoyable place to sit on, as a result of its adequate softness. Following pictures listed the options of HDPE (High-density Polyethylene) plastic lumber .Please contact us for availability of the materials prior to placing order. Options may experience shortage during certain periods of the year. We could send plastic lumber samples for final approval of the purchase upon request.
Sunperk seeks innovating. So do our customers. Certain customers have special requirements or even have their own designs. The frequent requests including but not limited to adjusting lengths of benches, ADA / handicap compatibility, and adding specific sizes of umbrella holes to picnic tables. We offer full customization either on our current models or your own design to help you accomplish successful projects. Feel free to contact us to discuss any possibilities.
Our custom products are fully compatible to ADA specifications.
Due to law or municipal regulations, public facilities have requirements to fulfill the needs of every citizen. Therefore, US government issued standards for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Specifications, and the latest version is from 2010.
ADA standards in section 902 (Dining Surfaces and Work Surfaces) and section 903 (Benches) are the two main subjects that affect our products.
The requirements of ADA compatible tables and benches are summarized to the following.
- Height: 28 inches (710 mm) to 34 inches (865 mm)
- Width: 30 inches (760 mm) minimum
- Depth (clearance): 17 inches (430 mm) to 25 inches (635 mm)
- Must come with back support or backless affixed to a wall
- Length: 42 inches (1065 mm) minimum
- Depth: 20 inches (510 mm) minimum to 24 inches (610 mm) maximum
- Back support height: 18 inches (455 mm) minimum
- Gap between back support and seat: 2 inches (51 mm) maximum vertically, 2 1/2 inches (64 mm) maximum horizontally
- Height of seat: 17 inches (430 mm) to 19 inches (485 mm)
Sunperk will provide bolts and parts in the packages. If we don’t specifically state on the purchasing contract or invoice, it’s default that customers shall perform installation and prepare tools such as electric drill, wrench, hammer, screw driver, and so forth.
Even though we use the best materials, and products are designed to be heavy duty, small damages may occur on the surface of products in some extreme occasions.
Peeling paint, meaning small pieces of powder coating falling off the metal surface due to strong impacts from such as camping supplies, sharp knives, rocks, skateboards, etc.
If the metal parts are aluminum, repairing is not mandatory, as aluminum alloys are corrosion resistant.
If the metal parts are mild steel or cast iron, the initial Zinc primer could still protect them from rusting. In the case of full surface damage, caused by fallen trees or snow shovel trucks, and the metal surface is fully exposing to the atmosphere, the most efficient way of repairing is to re-paint the damaged areas with powder coating aerosols. For the best repairing result, please use duck tapes to cover the undamaged areas, and then spray a very thin layer of powder coating, wait five or more minutes to dry out, and then repeat the process for about 5 times.
We recommend powder coating paints from LVP. Please ask us for color code if you can’t find it in your purchasing record.
Normal lead time is about 8-10 weeks for customized product. We are relatively busy during spring and summer seasons. The following factors would affect lead time: customers’ position on the wait list, weather in winter, color matching procedure, rarity of colors, and all special manufacturing requirements.
- We only supply benches, and customers need to out-source laser printed stainless steel plaques, carved brass plates, etc. There are plenty of workshops, so don’t worry.
- Choose recycled plastic benches over metal benches. Installation of memorial plaque needs drilling holes on the bench. In the case of metal benches, drilling holes exposes raw metal to the air, and over a period of time, corrosion initiates and migrates to other part of the bench, and resulting in large area of rusting. However this scenario would not happen on recycled plastic benches.
- Plastic wood benches is easier for screwing on memorial plaques, compared to drilling holes on metal benches.
- Possibility of loosening of screws that attach plaque to the bench may causing unpleased noise when plaque is contacting the metal bench.
- If an unsuccessful drilling is performed, it may require replacement of whole metal bench, but in case of recycled plastic bench, simply replacement of a lumber.