ANSWERS? WE’VE GOT THEM. Here are the topics we have been discussing most frequently.
Plastic wood is capable of mimicking colors and textures of wood, but in the meanwhile thanks to stable chemical property of plastic, no corrosion and cracks would occur. A bench made of this synthetic material is an enjoyable place to sit on, as a result of its adequate softness. Following pictures listed the options of HDPE (High-density Polyethylene) plastic lumber .Please contact us for availability of the materials prior to placing order. Options may experience shortage during certain periods of the year. We could send plastic lumber samples for final approval of the purchase upon request.
Majority of our products are heavy, so for safety and anti-theft, it is highly recommended to secure our product on the concrete with provided SS expansion bolts. Here is a video instructing the installation of expansion bolts.
Sunperk seeks innovating. So do our customers. Certain customers have special requirements or even have their own designs. The frequent requests including but not limited to adjusting lengths of benches, ADA / handicap compatibility, and adding specific sizes of umbrella holes to picnic tables. We offer full customization either on our current models or your own design to help you accomplish successful projects. Feel free to contact us to discuss any possibilities.
An usual lead time is about 8 weeks for customized product. We are relatively busy during spring and summer. Lead time also depends on customers’ position on the wait list as well as the weather, specifically windy and snowy winter conditions. Lead time may be also affected by requirements of matching colors and ordering rare colors, or any other special requirements.
An usual lead time is about 8-10 weeks for customized product. We are relatively busy during spring and summer seasons. Lead time also depends on customers’ position on the wait list as well as the weather, specifically windy and snowy winter conditions. Lead time could also be affected by requirements of color matching and ordering rare colors, or any other special requirements.
- We only supply benches, and customers need to out-source laser printed stainless steel plaques. There are plenty of workshops, so don’t worry.
- Choose recycled plastic benches over metal benches. Installation of memorial plaque needs drilling holes on the bench. In the case of metal benches, drilling holes exposes raw metal to the air, and over a period of time, corrosion initiates and migrates to other part of the bench, and resulting in large area of rusting. However this scenario would not happen on recycled plastic benches.
- Soft property of plastic wood benches is easier for installation of memorial plaque.
- Possibility of loosening of screws that attach plaque to the bench may causing unpleased noise when plaque is contacting the metal bench.
- If an unsuccessful drilling is performed, it may require replacement of whole metal bench, but in case of recycled plastic bench, simply replacement of a lumber.
- Color matching, if applicable, and ordering materials for powder coating
- Ordering raw materials, such as steels, plastic wood lumbers, etc.
- Fabrication of parts
- Welding / laser cut, if applicable
- Zinc spraying
- Powder coating
- Assembly (only applicable to trash receptacles); partial assembly of some recycled plastic products
- Difficult shapes can be coated
- Film thickness can vary
- Simple and low cost for automation
- Color can be changed relatively simply
- No pre-heating of components required